Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I think I hear the Ice Cream Man!

One of my fondest childhood memories of summer is that magical tinny sound of "Pop Goes the Weasel" coming around the corner. My brother and I would dash through the screen door at lightening speed to shake out some change from my Mom. Our biggest fear was that no kids on our street would flag him down and we'd run outside only to see the back of his truck turning the corner. It seemed like the end of the world as kids!
These days my neighborhood has no stickered singing trucks driving through and I feel a little sad for my kids that they don't get to enjoy the thrill of the Ice Cream Man. Where did he go? Did he trade in his truck and start working at Cold Stone? Maybe the price of gas shut down his business? Does he still come to your neighborhood?

3 comments:

Judy aka Red Crow said...

Hey Michelle believe it or not the Ice Cream still comes around our area. About 2 times a week I hear him. I don't dare.........

Love your pretty welcome sign

Nancy at ManicForMosaics said...

I still get the ice cream truck in my neighborhood and I STILL can't resist the urge to run outside! I loved Missles and I can remember how they turned your tongue colors.

Your welcome sign turned out darling!

Smashgirl said...

I forgot about Missles Nancy, those were so good!