10. Remember splashing in mud puddles as a kid? Here's your chance to tune into your inner child and not only splash in them, but crawl through them...something your mother would never let you do!
9. It's a great excuse to start a healthier lifestyle...training for my first one made me realize I LOVE running and now it's a part of my life!
8. Bonding! You'll never be in another situation where total strangers now feel like your closest friends...the common thread of doing a mud run brings people together, now that's cool! Check out my twitter list of fellow OC Mud runners!
7. You may learn new things about yourself...I never thought I was a competitive person, but I've found out I am...passing by other runners is exhilarating, especially if they're men!
6. Halloween comes in any month when there is a mud run...dig out your angel wings and banana suits...you may just win the costume contest!
5. If you're lucky you just might meet a mud run celebrity...I did! James O'Brien is a veteran mud runner and a super nice guy...easy to spot, just look for the man in the suit!
4. You'll have something good to talk about on Monday morning...and you're co-workers will be jealous!
3. Spending your day outdoors, reconnecting with Mother Nature...and Father Mud!
2. You've been putting off cleaning your running shoes...after the mud run, no more procrastinating, my shoes are nice and clean again thanks to the garden hose!
And the number one reason you should do a mud run...because once you try it I promise you'll want to do it again! It's FUN!!!
So now that I've talked you into it, you have plenty of time to start your training...start slow then build up because when April 10th, 2010 rolls around you won't want to be missing out on all the fun at the next Irvine Lake Mud Run! See you there!
Want to see more?
Here's a video from the Irvine Lake Mud Run