Thursday, February 11, 2010

Flashback to the 1970's


My brother just sent me these photos from our childhood...he must be having 70's flashbacks as well. It's funny how when you think back to your childhood, you can recall your home furnishings. Time goes by, the decor changes, the things leave the house...but they never leave your brain. Maybe some of those things should, like our Bicentennial print couch I grew up with. I remember when my Mom decided to reupholster the couch...she was so excited and thrilled with it, and it certainly was the focal point of our living room. It was adorned with crocheted pillows that my grandma made...loved those pillows! I can remember the smell of them and the texture...they were comforting to me.



I found this collectible Log Cabin bottle on Etsy. I remember using this on my pancakes that my Mom would make for me every weekend. Pancakes on Saturdays, Waffles on Sundays...we must of had hundreds of these that year.

Browse through Etsy Vintage and you just might find something from your past that brings back some memories!

1 comment:

Iris said...

You have a great blog! I am honored to have one of my Etsy vintage items listed, and to learn that it brings back happy memories of your childhood. That's exactly the reason Etsy sellers of vintage items hope to accomplish. Best wishes for a safe, happy, healthy and prosperous 2010. Iris