Sunday, June 29, 2008

Think it, write it, create it...


My Art Journal
Originally uploaded by smashgirl
My ideas for my art come to me at random times...in the shower, when I first wake up...at the beach...so I decided to start an art journal where I could harness these thoughts. It's a simple blank journal where I can jot down a new design idea for a mosaic or card. It's become a successful tool to have as an artist. Ninety-nine percent of my written ideas come to life. You can see the embryonic stage of my "Why" mosaic, now affectionately named "Iris". That's a story in itself that I'll have to blog about!
There's something to be said for writing things down...once written then doing them is the next natural step...I wonder if this works with housework???

2 comments:

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Yep - think, write, create - indeed.

T.Allen said...

hmmm perhaps, i just find with writing being my first and deepest love that i put way too much thought into jotting down my visual art endeavors and the planning cannibalizes the production...us left-brainers are a doozy...